We can’t send you updates from Justia Onward without your email.
Unsubscribe at any time.
The first quarter of 2022 has come to a close! With three months already behind us this year, we took a look at some of the data trends for the Justia Lawyer Directory so far and are sharing this info with all of you.
They say time flies when you are having fun! We must be having a blast at Justia helping lawyers grow their practices and making the law more accessible for all because it is hard to believe the first quarter of this year has already ended.
With the end of another quarter, it is time for another edition of Justia Lawyer Directory by the Numbers, where we share some interesting data and statistics about the Justia Lawyer Directory with all of you.
Check out this post to see if you can spot the changing trends from last year, and see what our data says about some of the lawyers in our directory, their practices, and more!
Where Do Our Lawyers Come From?
In the first quarter of 2022, California continued to hold the lead for the most lawyers claiming their profiles in our directory. New York came in second place, followed closely by Texas. Florida, Washington, North Carolina, Michigan, Georgia, Pennsylvania, and Illinois rounded out the top ten.
What Type of Law Do They Practice?
Part of increasing access to the law is ensuring people can find the right lawyer for their legal matters. Our directory includes numerous practice areas, so potential clients can more effectively locate the best fit for their legal needs.
Between January 1 and March 31 this year, lawyers in the following practice areas most frequently claimed their Justia Profiles in the Justia Lawyer Directory: Personal Injury, Business Law, Family Law, Criminal Law, Estate Planning, Divorce, Real Estate Law, Probate, Employment Law, and DUI/DWI.
Where Did Lawyers in the Justia Lawyer Directory go to School?
For most U.S. attorneys, it takes approximately seven years of schooling post-high school to become a lawyer. Some circumstances may keep an attorney in school even longer, such as earning additional degrees or attending part-time.
Given their lengthy academic careers, it is no surprise that the lawyers in the Justia Lawyer Directory have attended hundreds of different institutions across the United States for their undergraduate and legal educations.
Check out the schools whose alumni led the way in claiming their Justia Profiles during the first quarter this year:
Top 10 Law Schools
- South Texas College of Law (Houston, Texas)
- St. Mary’s University School of Law (San Antonio, Texas)
- Western Michigan University, Cooley Law School (Lansing, Michigan)
- Suffolk University Law School (Boston, Massachusetts)
- Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law (Dallas, Texas)
- University of Houston Law Center (Houston, Texas)
- Indiana University, Robert H. McKinney School of Law (Indianapolis, Indiana)
- University of Nevada – Las Vegas, William S. Boyd School of Law (Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Stetson University College of Law (Gulfport, Florida)
- University of Mississippi Law School (University, Mississippi)
Top 10 Undergraduate Institutions
- University of Florida (Gainesville, Florida)
- University of Georgia (Athens, Georgia)
- Brigham Young University (Provo, Utah)
- University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, Michigan)
- University of Washington (Seattle, Washington)
- Florida State University (Tallahassee, Florida)
- University of California – Berkeley (Berkeley, California)
- Miami University of Ohio (Oxford, Ohio)
- University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
- Emory University (Atlanta, Georgia)
Bonus: Common Lawyer Names
Interested in common names for lawyers? Want to know which names give your child the best odds of growing up to be a lawyer? Here are ten of the most common names for lawyers claiming profiles in our directory over the last quarter:
You and your peers have a direct influence on the data in these posts! If you want your practice area, state, or alma mater to appear in the second quarter edition, claim your free Justia Profile in the Justia Lawyer Directory. Then, encourage your peers to do the same. In addition to increasing the odds that you will be represented in the next edition of this post, you will be adding another tool to your marketing strategy that can help you better connect with new clients for your practice!