We can’t send you updates from Justia Onward without your email.
Unsubscribe at any time.
We’re kicking off 2022 by reflecting on the data from 2021. The numbers are in! Check out this post for data on the Justia Lawyer Directory in the final quarter of last year.
We’re back with another edition of Justia Lawyer Directory by the Numbers, where we share data and statistics about our lawyer directory with all of you. In this post, you can learn more about what fourth quarter 2021 data tells us about the lawyers in our directory, their practices, and more!
Want to track the changes from previous quarters? Data from the first quarter, second quarter, and third quarter of 2021 is also available in previous Justia Onward posts.
Where Do Our Lawyers Come From?
From October 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021, California continued to hold onto the top spot for states in which lawyers claimed their Justia Lawyer Directory profiles. New York, Texas, Florida, and North Carolina finished out the top five, followed by Georgia, Michigan, Washington, New Jersey, and Ohio.
What Type of Law Do They Practice?
To help consumers find the best lawyer for their legal matter, the Justia Lawyer Directory includes over 50 different practice areas.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, attorneys in the following practice areas most frequently claimed their Justia Profile: Personal Injury, Business Law, Estate Planning, Family Law, Criminal Law, Divorce, Real Estate, Employment Law, Probate, and DUI & DWI.
Where Did Lawyers in the Justia Lawyer Directory Go to School?
The lawyers claiming their profiles in the Justia Lawyer Directory continued to represent various law schools and colleges across the United States. The top ten law schools with attorneys claiming their profile in our directory in the fourth quarter of 2021 were as follow:
- Thomas. M. Cooley Law School, Western Michigan University (Lansing, Michigan)
- Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indiana University (Indianapolis, Indiana)
- Oklahoma City University School of Law (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
- South Texas College of Law (Houston, Texas)
- Georgetown University Law Center (Washington D.C.)
- University of Texas School of Law (Austin, Texas)
- University at Buffalo School of Law (Buffalo, New York)
- Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law, Barry University (Orlando, Florida)
- Seattle University School of Law (Seattle, Washington)
- University of Alabama School of Law (Tuscaloosa, Alabama)
We also checked the top 10 undergraduate institutions the lawyers claiming their profiles in the Justia Lawyer Directory during the fourth quarter of 2021. The results are below:
Top 10 Undergraduate Institutions
1. University of Georgia (Athens, Georgia)
2. University of Florida (Gainesville, Florida)
3. University of Michigan – Ann Arbor (Ann Arbor, Michigan)
4. University of Oklahoma (Norman, Oklahoma)
5. Boston University (Boston, Massachusetts)
6. University of South Florida (Tampa, Florida)
7. University of Washington (Seattle, Washington)
8. University at Buffalo (Buffalo, New York)
9. University of California – Los Angeles (Los Angeles, California)
10. University of Iowa (Iowa City, Iowa)
Bonus: Common Lawyer Names
If you are expecting a new member of your family in 2022, you may be considering names for your bundle of joy. Perhaps you want to consider a popular lawyer name? Here were the top names for lawyers claiming their profiles in our directory in the fourth quarter:
You and your colleagues create the results in our data and the content in this series! If you didn’t see your name, state, or school on this list, you can help them appear in the first quarter of 2022 results.
Start by claiming your free Justia Lawyer Directory profile. Then, encourage your peers to claim their profile too! This not only increases the odds that your name, state, or school will be on our next list but also allows you to leverage your profile to grow your practice through our directory and activates your free Justia Connect membership.