We can’t send you updates from Justia Onward without your email.
The numbers are in for the lawyers who claimed their profiles in the Justia Lawyer Directory during the second quarter of 2021. Find out what they do, where they went to school, and more!
We’ve been reviewing our data on claimed Justia Lawyer Directory profiles during the second quarter of 2021 and wanted to share an update on how the numbers turned out! What changed from the first quarter 2021?
Did your school make the cut this time? Is your state still on the list for most claimed profiles? Do you have a common lawyer name? We have the answers.
Where Do Our Lawyers Come From?
The numbers are in from the second quarter on which 10 states led the way for profile claims in our directory. While no new states entered the top 10 when compared to the first quarter, we did see some movement in the rankings.
What Type of Law Do They Practice?
The Justia Lawyer Directory includes over 50 different practice areas so that our users can find the best lawyer for their legal matters.
In the second quarter of 2021, lawyers in these practice areas most frequently claimed their Justia Profile: Personal Injury, Family Law, Business Law, Estate Planning, Criminal Law, Divorce, Real Estate, DUI & DWI, Probate and Bankruptcy. Notably, Bankruptcy joined the mix of practices area with the most lawyers claiming their profiles between April 1, 2021 and June 30, 2021, while Employment Law fell out of the top 10.
Where Did Lawyers in the Justia Lawyer Directory go to School?
The lawyers in our directory come from across the country and have attended hundreds of different institutions to receive their education. We checked out the claimed profiles during the second quarter of 2021 to find the top 10 law schools and undergraduate institutions for lawyers who claimed their Justia Profile.
Spoiler alert: these lists look very different from the first quarter.
Top 10 Law Schools
- South Texas College of Law (Houston, Texas)
- University of Florida, Levin College of Law (Gainesville, Florida)
- University of Houston Law Center (Houston, Texas)
- University of Texas School of Law (Austin, Texas)
- Syracuse University College of Law (Syracuse, New York)
- St. Mary’s University School of Law (San Antonio, Texas)
- Baylor Law School (Waco, Texas)
- Emory University School of Law (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Temple University, Beasley School of Law (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
- Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law (Dallas, Texas)
Top Undergraduate Institutions
- University of Texas – Austin (Austin, Texas)
- University of Southern California (Los Angeles, California)
- Texas A&M (College Station, Texas)
- University of Florida (Gainesville, Florida)
- University of California – Berkeley (Berkeley, California)
- University of California – Los Angeles (Los Angeles, California)
- San Diego State University (San Diego, California)
- Brigham Young University (Provo, Utah)
- Yale University (New Haven, Connecticut)
- University of North Carolina – Wilmington (Wilmington, North Carolina)
Bonus: Common Lawyer Names
We’ve previously shared the most common first names for attorneys in our directory across all claimed profiles. This time, we checked the most common first names for lawyers who claimed their profiles in the Justia Lawyer Directory during the second quarter of 2021.
Final Thoughts: Why Do You Care?
You may not necessarily need to know this data about our directory, but the fact remains that online directories are an important tool in your legal marketing toolbox. Make sure you claim your profile in the various law firm and lawyer directories to expand your online reach and digital visibility. Plus, when you claim your free profile in the Justia Lawyer Directory, you increase the odds that your alma mater, state, or practice area will appear in the next edition of Justia Lawyer Directory by the Numbers!