We can’t send you updates from Justia Onward without your email.
Unsubscribe at any time.
Just like that, we are halfway through 2022! We checked out our second quarter 2022 data trends for the Justia Lawyer Directory and are back with another update for all of you.
It’s that time again! The end of another quarter of the year has come and gone and half of 2022 is now behind us. We’ve taken another look at the data for our Justia Lawyer Directory in the last quarter and are here with another installment of the Justia Lawyer Directory by the Numbers for all of you!
Check out this post to see if you can spot any changing trends from last year or even the first quarter this year, plus learn more about some of the lawyers in our directory.
Where Do Our Lawyers Come From?
In the second quarter of 2022, California continued to lead the way as the state with the most lawyers claiming their profiles in the Justia Lawyer Directory. Texas moved up into second place and was followed by New York, Florida, Washington, Michigan, Georgia, Ohio, Colorado, and New Jersey.
What Type of Law Do They Practice?
An integral piece of Justia’s mission is increasing access to the law. The Justia Lawyer Directory furthers this mission by helping people more easily locate the right lawyer for their legal problems. To further help this process, we offer over 50 practice areas for lawyers to choose from when claiming and completing their Justia Profiles.
Between April 1 and June 30, 2022, lawyers in the following practice areas across the country led the way by most frequently claiming their Justia Lawyer Directory profiles: Personal Injury, Family Law, Business Law, Criminal Law, Estate Planning, Real Estate Law, Divorce, Probate, DUI/DWI, and Products Liability.
Where Did Lawyers in the Justia Lawyer Directory Go to School?
The lawyers in the Justia Lawyer Directory represent diverse backgrounds and various practice areas. They’ve earned their degrees at various institutions big and small across the nation too!
While hundreds of institutions educated today’s practicing attorneys, alumni from the below schools led the way in claiming their Justia Profile in the Justia Lawyer Directory during the second quarter of this year.
Top 10 Law Schools
- University of Texas School of Law (Austin, Texas)
- Texas Tech University School of Law (Lubbock, Texas)
- Baylor Law School (Waco, Texas)
- Saint Louis University School of Law (St. Louis, Missouri)
- University of South Carolina Law School (Columbia, South Carolina)
- South Texas College of Law (Houston, Texas)
- University of Houston Law Center (Houston, Texas)
- St. Mary’s University School of Law (San Antonio, Texas)
- University of Wyoming College of Law (Laramie, Wyoming)
- Suffolk University Law School (Boston, Massachusetts)
Top 10 Undergraduate Institutions
- Arizona State University (Tempe, Arizona)
- University of Washington (Seattle, Washington)
- University of Florida (Gainesville, Florida)
- St. John’s University (New York City, New York)
- University of Central Florida (Orlando, Florida)
- Louisiana State University (Baton Rouge, Louisiana)
- University of Wyoming (Laramie, Wyoming)
- Cornell University (Ithaca, New York)
- University of Texas – Austin (Austin, Texas)
- American University (Washington D.C.)
Bonus: Common Lawyer Names
As a bonus, we took another look at some of the most popular “lawyer names” in our directory. Here is a list of the most common names for lawyers claiming profiles in our directory over the last quarter:
When you claim your free Justia Profile in the Justia Lawyer Directory, you can start connecting with more clients while contributing the results of this post in the next quarter! To learn more about making the most of your free Justia Lawyer Directory profile, check out our post Maximizing the Benefits of Your Justia Lawyer Directory Profile.Related Posts
- Justia Lawyer Directory by the Numbers: First Quarter 2022
- Justia Lawyer Directory by the Numbers: Fourth Quarter 2021
- Justia Lawyer Directory by the Numbers: Third Quarter 2021