We can’t send you updates from Justia Onward without your email.
We’re over halfway through 2023 and another quarter has come and gone! It is time for another edition of Justia Lawyer Directory by the Numbers – the post where we share data and insights about our lawyer directory with all of you!
Justia’s mission is to make the law and legal resources free for all. For two decades, our team has dedicated itself to increasing access to the law for all people, while also helping lawyers connect with clients and accomplish their practice-growth goals.
The Justia Lawyer Directory is a free platform supporting both of these objectives by streamlining the process by which consumers search for a lawyer while also helping lawyers increase their online visibility before millions of potential clients.
Each quarter, we take a look at our lawyer directory data and share highlights with our Justia Onward readers. Whether you are curious about which states had the most lawyers claim their profiles in the second quarter or want to know more about something else, this post allows you to take a peek behind our doors and learn more about the attorneys on our platform.
Where Do Our Lawyers Come From?
Lawyers across the nation claimed their free profile in our directory in the second quarter of 2023! However, California continued to lead the way for profile claims, followed by Florida, Texas, New Jersey, New York, Illinois, Michigan, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, and Washington.
What Type of Law Do They Practice?
When completing their Justia Profiles in the Justia Lawyer Directory, attorneys are provided a selection of over 50 different practice areas to add to their profile. This wide variety of practice areas empowers lawyers to more accurately describe their practices and better connect with potential clients.
In the second quarter, lawyers in these practice areas most frequently claimed their Justia Profile: Personal Injury, Criminal Law, Family Law, Business Law, Estate Planning, Divorce, DUI & DWI, Real Estate Law, Probate, and Medical Malpractice.
Where Did the Lawyers in the Justia Lawyer Directory Attend School?
The lawyers in the Justia Lawyer Directory come from diverse educational backgrounds. Attorneys are highly educated professionals who have earned degrees from a variety of law schools and universities across the country, and sometimes even abroad. We took a look at the data to determine which schools had the most alumni claiming their Justia Lawyer Directory profiles between April 1 and June 30 this year.
Top 10 Law Schools
- Seton Hall University School of Law (Newark, New Jersey)
- Charles Widger School of Law, Villanova University (Villanova, Pennsylvania)
- St. Mary’s University School of Law (San Antonio, Texas)
- University of Texas School of Law (Austin, Texas)
- South Texas College of Law (Houston, Texas)
- UIC John Marshall Law School (Chicago, Illinois)
- Texas Tech University School of Law (Lubbock, Texas)
- Carey Law School, University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
- Albany Law School (Albany, New York)
- J. David Rosenberg College of Law, University of Kentucky (Lexington, Kentucky)
Top 10 Undergraduate Schools
- University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, Michigan)
- University of Florida (Gainesville, Florida)
- Western Kentucky University (Bowling Green, Kentucky)
- Texas State University (San Marcos, Texas)
- Florida State University (Tallahassee, Florida)
- Tulane University (New Orleans, Louisiana)
- University of Kentucky (Lexington, Kentucky)
- University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
- Temple University (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
- University of South Florida (Tampa, Florida)
Bonus: Common Lawyer Names
As a fun twist each quarter, we also check out the most common names for lawyers claiming their Justia Profiles. What you do with this information is up to you!
Final Thoughts: Why Do You Care?
Claiming your Justia Lawyer Directory profile helps drive your firm closer to your growth goals! Plus, every claimed Justia Profile influences the data and statistics shared with each of you next quarter.
View this clip to learn more about the Justia Lawyer Directory.
The Justia Lawyer Directory serves as a free platform helping the right individuals find lawyers for their legal needs, while helping lawyers expand their practice. To unleash even greater visibility on our platform, lawyers can also explore featured listings with Justia Premium Placements in the Justia Lawyer Directory.Related Posts
- Justia Lawyer Directory by the Numbers: First Quarter 2023
- Justia Lawyer Directory by the Numbers: Fourth Quarter 2022
- Justia Lawyer Directory by the Numbers: Third Quarter 2022