We can’t send you updates from Justia Onward without your email.
We’ve checked the Justia Lawyer Directory data for the third quarter of 2021 and are excited to share this data with all of you! Keep reading to learn more.
In this edition of Justia Lawyer Directory by the Numbers, we are sharing more information with all of you about our directory from the third quarter of 2021! See where the lawyers in our directory come from, the types of law they practice, where they went to school, and more.
Where Do Our Lawyers Come From?
Which states led the way for profile claims in our directory from July 1, 2021 through September 30, 2021?
This quarter, California, remained in the top spot for states with profiles claimed in our directory, followed by Florida, New York, Texas, Washington, Ohio, and Michigan in the top seven. For the first time this year, Pennsylvania and Illinois joined the mix of top ten states for profile claims at eight and nine, with North Carolina finishing out the top ten.
What Type of Law Do They Practice?
As mentioned in our previous editions of the Justia Lawyer Directory by the Numbers, the Justia Lawyer Directory includes over 50 different practice areas to help consumers find the best lawyer for their legal matters.
In the third quarter of 2021, attorneys in the following practice areas most frequently claimed their Justia Profile: Personal Injury, Business Law, Family Law, Criminal Law, Estate Planning, Real Estate, Divorce, Probate, DUI & DWI, and Employment Law.
Where Did Lawyers in the Justia Lawyer Directory go to School?
As always, we checked in to where the lawyers claiming their profiles in the Justia Lawyer Directory attended law school. The top ten law schools with attorneys claiming their profile in our directory in the third quarter of 2021.
- South Texas College of Law (Houston, Texas)
- New York University School of Law (New York City, New York)
- University of Texas School of Law (Austin, Texas)
- St. Mary’s University School of Law (San Antonio, Texas)
- Western Michigan University Cooley School of Law (Lansing, Michigan)
- DePaul College of Law (Chicago, Illinois)
- Albany Law School (Albany, New York)
- University of California, Hastings College of Law (San Francisco, California)
- The Ohio State University, Michael E. Moritz College of Law (Columbus, Ohio)
- University of Houston Law Center (Houston, Texas)
We also checked the top 10 undergraduate institutions the lawyers claiming their profiles in the Justia Lawyer Directory during the third quarter attended.
Top 10 Undergraduate Institutions
- Florida State University (Tallahassee, Florida)
- University of Miami (Coral Gables, Florida)
- University of California – Santa Barbara (Santa Barbara, California)
- Texas A&M University (College Station, Texas)
- University of Florida (Gainesville, Florida)
- University of Wisconsin – Madison (Madison, Wisconsin)
- Michigan State University (East Lansing, Michigan)
- University of Michigan (Ann Harbor, Michigan)
- University of Delaware (Newark, Delaware)
- University of Central Florida (Orlando, Florida)
Bonus: Common Lawyer Names
Still considering a common lawyer name for your child? Here were the top names for lawyers claiming their profiles in our directory in the third quarter.
If you didn’t see your state, practice area, or school on this list, you can help them show up in the fourth quarter! Claim your free Justia Lawyer Directory profile, and encourage your colleagues, classmates, and friends to claim their Justia Profiles too.
With your Justia Lawyer Directory profile, you can get one step closer to unlocking your full potential by connecting with more clients and building your practice. As an added bonus, your name or school may appear on our next list!