We can’t send you updates from Justia Onward without your email.
Unsubscribe at any time.
We’re back with this year’s third edition of Justia Lawyer Directory by the Numbers! We looked at the data and trends for our directory in July, August, and September of this year and are sharing new data with all of you.
October has arrived and we are three quarters of the way through 2022. Now that three more months have come and gone, we checked out the recent data and statistics for the Justia Lawyer Directory.
Want to know which states led the way for lawyers claiming their profiles? Interested in seeing if your alma mater made the list of schools whose alumni are claiming profiles? Just want to see the new most popular names for lawyers last quarter? We have answers!
Where Do Our Lawyers Come From?
During the third quarter of 2022, lawyers from California, Texas, Florida, New York, Georgia, Michigan, New Jersey, North Carolina, Arizona, and Illinois most frequently claimed their profiles in the Justia Lawyer Directory.
What Types of Law Do They Practice?
The Justia Lawyer Directory offers over fifty different practice areas for lawyers to choose from when completing their Justia Profile in the Justia Lawyer Directory. This helps our users find the right lawyer for their legal needs.
From July 1 – September 30, 2022, lawyers focusing on these practice areas led the way for the most profile claims in the Justia Lawyer Directory: Personal Injury, Business Law, Family Law, Criminal Law, Estate Planning, Divorce, Real Estate Law, Employment Law, DUI & DWI, and Probate.
Where Did the Lawyers in the Justia Lawyer Directory Go to School?
It takes a lot of educational training to become a lawyer in the United States. While there are exceptions to every rule, the “average” lawyer takes seven years of full-time, post-secondary education to earn their degrees. Then, there is studying for the bar exam!
The lawyers in the Justia Lawyer Directory come from across the nation and represent diverse backgrounds and professional experiences. Likewise, they received their educations at many different institutions from coast to coast. The following educational programs led the way for alumni claiming their Justia Lawyer Directory profiles in the third quarter of 2022.
Top 10 Law Schools
- University of Miami School of Law (Coral Gables, Florida)
- Texas Tech University School of Law (Lubbock, Texas)
- University of Texas School of Law (Austin, Texas)
- South Texas College of Law (Houston, Texas)
- Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law (Dallas, Texas)
- University of Minnesota Law School (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
- University of Houston Law Center (Houston, Texas)
- Baylor Law School (Waco, Texas)
- Loyola Law School of Loyola Marymount University (Los Angeles, California)
- Temple University, Beasley School of Law (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
Top 10 Undergrad Schools
- University of Florida (Gainesville, Florida)
- Texas A&M University (College Station, Texas)
- University of Colorado – Boulder (Boulder, Colorado)
- University of Notre Dame (South Bend, Indiana)
- Brigham Young University (Provo, Utah)
- Rutgers University (New Brunswick, New Jersey)
- Harvard University (Cambridge, Massachusetts)
- Marquette University (Milwaukee, Wisconsin)
- Pennsylvania State University (State College, Pennsylvania)
- University of California – San Diego (San Diego, California)
Bonus: Common Lawyer Names
As always, we look at some of the most popular names for lawyers in our directory each quarter. This is just for fun but who knows? It may give you some inspiration on names for new babies in your life or suggestions for a loved one’s new child!
Final Thoughts: Why Do You Care?
Claiming your free Justia Profile allows you to continue to grow your law practice by connecting with more clients and increasing your online presence! The Justia Lawyer Directory is one of the most visited directories online – consistently receiving over a million visits each month – and offers robust profiles for attorneys.
As a bonus, when you claim your free profile, you also help influence the numbers and data that will be showcased in the next edition of Justia Lawyer Directory by the Numbers!Related Posts
- Justia Lawyer Directory by the Numbers: Second Quarter 2022
- Justia Lawyer Directory by the Numbers: First Quarter 2022
- Justia Lawyer Directory by the Numbers: Fourth Quarter 2021