We can’t send you updates from Justia Onward without your email.
The third quarter of this year is now in the rearview mirror! That means it is time for another edition of Justia Lawyer Directory by the Numbers. Want to know more about the lawyers appearing in our directory? This is the post for you!
Many people turn to Google when looking for information. The hunt for a lawyer is no exception! Millions of users each year browse the Justia Lawyer Directory, searching for the right attorney to help them with their legal matters. Lawyers who claim their free profile in our directory are better able to connect with these potential clients.
Want to know more about the lawyers represented in our directory? Each quarter, we take a look at some of the Justia Lawyer Directory data and share insights with all of our Justia Onward readers. Read this post for the most recent info!
Where Do Our Lawyers Come From?
Many lawyers across the country claim their free Justia Lawyer Directory profiles each quarter. In the third quarter of 2023, lawyers from each of the fifty states claimed their Justia Profile. However, these states led the way for the most lawyers claiming their profiles: California, Florida, Texas, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Illinois, North Carolina, Michigan, and Georgia.
What Types of Law Do They Practice?
The users visiting the Justia Lawyer Directory face unique legal problems across a diverse array of practice areas. To ensure our visitors are best able to connect with the right lawyers for their legal matters, attorneys in the Justia Lawyer Directory can choose from a selection of over 50 different practice areas to add to their profiles.
Between July 1 and September 30, 2023, lawyers focusing in these practice areas most frequently claimed their Justia Profiles in the Justia Lawyer Directory: Personal Injury, Business Law, Family Law, Criminal Law, Estate Planning, Divorce, Real Estate Law, Probate, DUI & DWI, and Employment Law.
Where Did the Lawyers in the Justia Lawyer Directory Attend School?
The lawyers in our directory have attended hundreds of institutions throughout their academic careers. While looking at our third quarter 2023 data, we also checked out which schools led the way for having the most alumni getting listed in the Justia Lawyer Directory.
Top 10 Law Schools
- Texas Tech University School of Law (Lubbock, Texas)
- Baylor Law (Waco, Texas)
- South Texas College of Law (Houston, Texas)
- University of Oklahoma College of Law (Norman, Oklahoma)
- University of Houston Law Center (Houston, Texas)
- Campbell University, Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law (Raleigh, North Carolina)
- Stetson University College of Law (Gulfport, Florida)
- University of Florida, Levin College of Law (Gainesville, Florida)
- Fordham University School of Law (New York, New York)
- The George Washington University Law School (Washington D.C.)
Top 10 Undergraduate Schools
- University of Texas (Austin, Texas)
- University of Florida (Gainesville, Florida)
- University of Georgia (Athens, Georgia)
- Michigan State University (East Lansing, Michigan)
- Duke University (Durham, North Carolina)
- University of Delaware (Newark, Delaware)
- Appalachian State University (Boone, North Carolina)
- Florida State University (Tallahassee, Florida)
- Rutgers University (New Brunswick, New Jersey)
- Texas A&M University (College Station, Texas)
Bonus: Common Lawyer Names
As a fun extra each quarter, we share the most common first names for lawyers claiming their Justia Profiles in the Justia Lawyer Directory. The list changes a little every time we look! Can you spot the differences?
Final Thoughts: Why Do You Care?
The Justia Lawyer Directory is a free platform that helps the general public find the right lawyer for their legal needs while also helping lawyers achieve their practice-growth goals.
For lawyers, claiming your Justia Lawyer Directory profile gets you one step closer to reaching more clients – for free! Plus, each new profile claimed influences the data that will be shared in this post next quarter.Related Posts
- Justia Lawyer Directory by the Numbers: Second Quarter 2023
- Justia Lawyer Directory by the Numbers: First Quarter 2023
- Justia Lawyer Directory by the Numbers: Fourth Quarter 2022