We can’t send you updates from Justia Onward without your email.
We gathered some data about the lawyers who claimed their profiles in the Justia Lawyer Directory during the first quarter of 2021: where they come from, what they do, and more.
Marketers and lawyers spend a surprising amount of time on the numbers. Marketers are tracking analytics data, ad spend, and more. Lawyers are calculating damages, billing hours, and tracking settlement and trust funds. At Justia, we spend a lot of time on the data too, and wanted to share some fun numbers about the Justia Lawyer Directory with all of you.
Where Do Our Lawyers Come From?
Ever wondered which states have the most lawyers who have claimed their profiles in the Justia Lawyer Directory? Well, the numbers are in from the first quarter of 2021.
What Type of Law Do They Practice?
On the Justia Lawyer Directory, we have over 50 different practice areas represented, so our users can find the right type of lawyer to help them with their legal issues.
In the first quarter of 2021, lawyers in these practice areas most frequently claimed their profiles: Personal Injury, Business Law, Family Law, Criminal Law, Estate Planning, Divorce, Real Estate, Probate, DUI & DWI, and Employment Law.
Where Did Lawyers in the Justia Lawyer Directory Go to School?
Because our lawyers come from across the country, they have attended hundreds of different institutions for their bachelor’s degree and/or law degree.
We looked at our claimed profiles and found out that these are the top 10 schools nationwide for lawyers who claimed their profiles in our Directory during the first quarter of 2021.
Top 10 Law Schools
1. South Texas College of Law (Houston, Texas)
2. St. John’s University School of Law (Queens, New York)
3. University of Miami School of Law (Coral Gables, Florida)
4. Brooklyn Law School (Brooklyn, New York)
5. New York Law School (New York, New York)
6. Syracuse University College of Law (Syracuse, New York)
7. California Western School of Law (San Diego, California)
8. Stetson University College of Law (Tampa/Gulfport, Florida)
9. SUNY, University at Buffalo Law School (Buffalo, New York)
10. Western Michigan University Cooley School of Law (Lansing, Michigan)
Top 10 Undergraduate Institutions
1. University of Florida (Gainesville, Florida)
2. Florida International University (Miami, Florida)
3. University of Texas – Austin (Austin, Texas)
4. University of Georgia (Athens, Georgia)
5. East Carolina University (Greenville, North Carolina)
6. Brigham Young University (Provo, Utah)
7. University of Notre Dame (Notre Dame, Indiana)
8. University of Illinois – Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, Illinois)
9. Boston University (Boston, Massachusetts)
10. Pennsylvania State University (University Park, Pennsylvania)
Bonus: Common Lawyer Names
If you want your child to grow up to be a lawyer, maybe you could try giving them one of the most common lawyer names. Check out our list of most common first names for attorneys who have claimed their profile in the Justia Lawyer Directory.
Didn’t see your state on this list? Is your school or name missing? You can help give them a better chance of showing up next time.
Start by claiming your free Justia Lawyer Directory profile. If you have already claimed your profile, then you can update your profile to ensure that all fields are complete and your information is accurate. You can encourage your colleagues and classmates to claim and complete their profiles too!
View this clip to learn more about the Justia Lawyer Directory.
Not only will this increase the odds that you will see your state, school, or practice area represented on our next list, but also you will start unleashing the power of your Justia Lawyer Directory profile to connect with more potential clients and grow your practice. If you want to take the power of your profile one step further, you can check out a Justia Premium Membership for increased visibility.