We can’t send you updates from Justia Onward without your email.
In this second part of Justia’s Halloween special, check out some of the costumes lawyers have worn in recent years. Plus, get some inspiration on legal-themed attire for the holiday weekend!
Who said lawyers can’t have fun? We’ve scoured Instagram looking for images of lawyers and law firms getting into the Halloween spirit, and the results did not disappoint.
Here are 10 images of legal professionals getting into the Halloween mood and wearing their actual costumes, plus a few legal-themed ideas if you still need something to wear for this weekend’s Halloween celebrations.
Sabalier Law is a firm run by Alexandra Sabalier and focused on tax issues for expatriated Americans. On Halloween 2020, she got into the spirit with a Ruth Bader Ginsberg-inspired costume.
The Ramji Law Group is a self-described car accident firm in the Houston, Texas area led by doctor and lawyer Adam Ramji. In 2019, many members of the firm got into the Halloween spirit, featuring iconic characters like Superman, Pennywise and Georgie, and more!
The Law Offices of Joumana Kayrouz is a Michigan firm practicing in the areas of personal injury, immigration, bankruptcy, criminal, and family law. Last year, Sevhan Meriam, an immigration associate in the firm, was featured for her spirited Halloween costume inspired by Princess Elsa.
As the name suggests, the Health and Medicine Law Firm in Florida focuses on a variety of matters at the intersection of law and medicine, such as insurance claims, patients’ rights, Medicaid matters, and more. In 2020, founder Maria Santi and other attorneys dressed up in western-inspired Halloween costumes that also incorporated their legal work.
The Patterson Legal Group is a personal injury firm in the Midwest, serving Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, and Wyoming. In 2019, the team dressed up in Halloween costumes, including popular social networks like Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, and Twitter.
The Lemon Law Experts is a California consumer protection firm focused on Lemon Law. Back in 2019, members of the firm got into the Halloween spirit while also working on CLE. The creative costumes even included a taco and barbeque pit!
Practicing in family law and divorce matters, the Sodoma Law firm has offices in multiple cities across North Carolina and one in South Carolina. One Halloween “throwback” shows the firm getting into the spooky season mood back in 2016 with a variety of Halloween costumes.
Mase Mebane Seitz is a Miami area law firm focused on serious personal injury matters, particularly maritime and boating accidents. A 2019 snapshot shows team members at the firm enjoying the Halloween holiday in costumes inspired by Dora the Explorer, Minnie Mouse, and more.
Kisling, Netico, & Redick is an Ohio personal injury firm. In a photo from 2014, the team can be seen getting into the spirit at a Halloween charity ball, dressed up as traffic signals and using the firm’s slogan/phone number in their costumes as well.
Bonus: 2021 Halloween Starting Early
In September 2021, a Texas-based lawyer made the news when he decided to get into spooky season spirit a little bit early by taking a walk on the beach dressed as the famous Michael Myers from the Halloween movies. Unfortunately, this costume caused concern with some bystanders and police had to investigate the matter.
Still Need Ideas for Your 2021 Costume?
Halloween 2021 may only be a few days away, but it isn’t too late to start thinking about your Halloween costume if you haven’t already gotten the perfect attire together! Might we suggest something legal inspired?
- Voir Deer: Grab a pair of antlers and whatever else you need to create a strong deer costume. Paste the word “voir” to your costume, and you’re ready to go! If you want to be a bit less literal, try putting a bunch of question marks on your deer costume.
- Fruit of The Poisonous Tree: Dress up as an apple tree with skull and crossbones attached, or have a friend be the poisoned fruit, while you dress up as the tree. Either way, you have a witty nod to a criminal law principle that will amuse most people who have been through a 1L criminal law or procedure course.
- Missed Deadlines: If there is one thing every lawyer has had a nightmare about, it is a missed deadline. Why not turn this scary thought into a spooky Halloween costume? Try using an oversized calendar with yesterday’s date circled, or perhaps having some missed shots around a target on the calendar.
- The Commerce Clause: Give another nod back to a law school favorite and dress up as the Commerce Clause. Use your imagination, but we suggest incorporating a Santa suit somehow!
- A Salt & Battery: Another classic legal pun that you can’t miss this Halloween season! You know what you need: salt and a battery. Either carry (or dress up) as both yourself or get a friend to join in on the fun!
- Miss Trial & Miss Demeanor: This is a great one for a pair of friends. Channel your inner Miss Congeniality and dress up for a beauty pageant. Wear a sash with your new titles!
- Habeas Corpses: Zombies meet the law in this classic! The possibilities are endless.
- Law-Suit: If you’re a lawyer, you likely already have a suit in your closet. Simply wear one of your everyday suits, tape a piece of paper to it that says “law”, and you’re ready to go.
Final Thoughts: Why Do You Care?
Halloween can be a fun time of year, even for busy lawyers. It is always important to take the time to refresh yourself for the weeks ahead! What better way than getting in the spirit with a good Halloween costume?
Plus, if you post pics on social media, you may win some bonus points with clients who find your firm more relatable and might even get some secondhand legal marketing benefits by being featured in a future post just like this!